Sunday, August 16, 2009

Vinegar, my new best friend

Oh vinegar. You're the only one I can count on these days. Your sweet sour-ness is the pinnacle of my stirfry. Well, not *my* stirfry. CCV's My Cousin Vinnygar Veggie Stirfry, to be exact.
Gettin' cooked. I made it with some organic broccoli, yellow bell peppers, and zucchini (gotta love the versatility of the good ol' zucch... ini) and then decided I needed to make more of a meal of it, and chopped up a Sanitarium Thai Chilli Vegie Burger and tossed it in. I don't know how/why/where/when that amazing CCV - Katie - came up with the idea of putting vinegar in a stirfry, but I love her for it. Truly I do. Because now I'm thinking of a million ways I can use my big bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar!
So simple, so genius.
Served up with a side of leftover polenta, that I cut into "fries" and baked for about 15 minutes. Crispy yet creamy deliciousness.

... Did I mention I love vinegar veggie stirfries? This one's going on HIGH rotation from now on :)

1 comment: